Monday, October 8, 2012

Well, I guess I could say anything Right Now

As you could probably tell, I haven't done much lately as far as scouting is concerned. I did work a bit on my Camping badge, but really, it's mostly uneventful here.

In the Family Life merit badge, it says I need to do one project with one family member or more which benefits the whole family. That's what I kind of did today, I think. You see, come the beginning of each Autumn, we get probably a half a ton of wood delivered to our driveway for firewood to be used in the Winter. We got that today. My mom suggested this would be the perfect thing.

My dad and I brought in pieces of wood. He used this piece of carpet with a handle on each end that could carry about ten pieces at a time. I used my own two hands, bringing in three or four pieces at a time. My mom put the wood in a hearth beneath the television in the living room until we filled it up completely, then we moved it to the very larger hearth in the kitchen. All of this took about 45 minutes to an hour, with plenty of wood still left, so it got thrown in the garage. 

I haven't been necessarily  focused on the Family Life badge all this time as much as I have been with Camping, but it's good I'm making progress with an Eagle required badge, thus being closer to Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment